Friday, July 20, 2012

Humm-azing pita sandwich

I have been superrrrr lazy in the kitchen ever since summer started. Which is kind of the opposite of what you would expect since I have more free time now.... this is definite proof that I cook to procrastinate. Oops. However, I have been experimenting with more easy vegetarian options this summer. I still can't decide whether I am capable of cutting out meat completely but I have been pretty good about eating a lot of fruit and vegitables. I only eat meat when I go out to lunch or dinner, which is once or twice a week. Not bad, right? I mentioned before that I am interested in becoming a vegetarian for health reasons only so I will consider eating meat only once a week a win. You could say I am a flexetarian (I swear that is a real thing! haha). I feel sooooooo much healthier now that I have stopped eating meat every day :) 
Here is my go to vegetarian lunch (or dinner works too).

humm-azing pita sandwich
1 whole wheat pita pocket
hummus of your liking (I use sabra red roasted peper hummus)
2 slices red pepper cheese
1 slice of red onion
A couple carrot pieces (I buy the flat fancy wavy cut kind. Oh la la!)
A handful of baby romaine lettuce
Couple spinach leaves

  • Cut your pita, opening the "pocket"
  • On each half smear on a liberal amount of hummus. Yummmm
  • Then add the onion and place a piece of cheese on each peta half. Microwave for 20 seconds. 
  • Add carrots and lettuce.
  • Enjoy with some mandarin oranges and almonds. Wah la! A fast, easy, tasty, vegetarian lunch or dinner! 

Will add photos later.... (So that you can literally SEE how awesome this sandwich is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment