Friday, July 20, 2012

BEST oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes




I loveeeee oatmeal. Yes I do. I also love cottage cheese. I know, I know. Most people don't like cottage cheese but don't knock it until you try it. I used to be one of those cottage cheese haters. I took one look at it and was like - ew that looks like vomit, I am not eating it. However, one fateful day I got up the nerve to try a cottage cheese double with strawberries and cottage cheese and I have been walking hand and hand down the beach at sunset ever since... er well, You know what I mean haha :P
I decided to try and improve my old oatmeal cottage cheese pancake recipe listed on this blog. I like the old recipe just fine I just wanted something a bit more fancy. I added flaxseeds to make them more healthy and peanut butter chips for protein. I could not believe how amazing these turned out. I could totally eat them every day. Yummmm! :)


BEST oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes!!!!
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • teaspoon nutmeg
  • teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter chips

  • I like to first blend the oatmeal and then put that in a mixing bowl and then blend the cottage cheese and add that to the bowl as well. You don't necessarily have to blend these ingredients though, it just makes a smoother pancake!
  • Mash your bananas in a bowl and then throw that in with the cottage cheese and oatmeal. Mix.
  • Add the eggs, flaxseed, and spices. Mix, mix, mix. 
  • Finally stir in the peanut butter chips!
  • Put some butter in a pan and allow it to heat up on the stove
  • Start making your pancakes! Use your 1/4th measuring cup to keep each pancake proportional and on the smaller size so they don't fall apart!
  • Cook 2-5 minutes on each side.
  • Eat with some butter and/or maple syrup!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment