Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Picks!!!

It is really hard to maintain a healthy diet over the holidays. I go home for break and basically consume everything in the fridge - just because I am bored. I really need to exhibit some self-control. I do not want my waist size to resemble Santa's. Anyway, here are some of my food picks for the holidays that taste good and hopefully will help you stay in those skinny jeans.

1. Amy's Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
I know what you are thinking, organic+gluten free+ dairy free.... that is probably gross. That was my first thought after years of trying different non-dairy products that left a bad taste in my mouth. However, after one bite of this cake you will be in heaven. I don't know how they do it but this cake tastes even better than a cake with real chocolate! Another plus to this cake is that it comes in the freezer isle. So you can take the cake home and leave it in the freezer (if you can resist) until you want it. It takes about 2 hours to thaw and then bon appetite!! It's sooo good. I just ate a piece before I wrote this! :)

2. Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables
I love me some veggies! Especially when they are al dente. With these steamfresh veggies I can guarantee that you will never get mushy icky vegetables again! After just 4 minutes you have a healthy side to any dinner. They have tons of different veggie mixtures (My favorite is the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix above) so you can buy a bunch and eat them every day if you wish. They even have an asian mix which is perfect for stir fry's!

No comments:

Post a Comment