Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stuffed tomato pesto and cheese chicken

Sooo ever since I started grad school I have been making an effort to eat healthy! Upon searching the web for recipes I came across Kalyn's Kitchen - which really has been a godsend! While I don't strictly follow the south beach diet, I do love to try out all of Kalyn's recipes! Since I normally can't afford all of the ingredients or just don't have them around my apartment I typically modify them.

The inspiration for this recipe came from here and here

Stuffed tomato pesto and cheese chicken!
2 chicken breasts
5 T mozzarella cheese
3 T tomato basil pesto
2 T light skim sour cream



  • Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
  • Place thawed chicken breast in freezer bag and pound with something heavy on the kitchen table (you don't want to crack your kitchen counter!) until the chicken is flat. Repeat with other chicken breast
  • In a bowel mix together 2 T sour cream, 3 T tomato pesto, and 3 T mozzarella cheese. 
  • Coat one side of flat chicken breast with the tomato pesto mixture and then roll the chicken and secure with toothpicks. 
  • Place the chicken roll up in a greased baking pan and add remaining cheese on top of the chicken.
  • Bake for about 35 mins
  • Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment