Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gluten and dairy free pumpkin walnut bread

My Memmy is allergic to gluten and dairy - this makes it extremely hard for her to find new things to eat (especially so, since she refuses to eat anything that is not organic :P). Now, that I am home (and bored) for Christmas break I thought I would try to find some new things for her to eat (see the sweet potato salmon patties below). Lately, I have been addicted to pumpkin bread so I thought I would try and figure out a way to make it for her! This pumpkin bread turned out pretty well, I think, considering the ingredients that I could not include but I think some adjustments with different spices and vanilla extract is needed to really perfect this pumpkin bread.

Gluten and dairy free pumpkin walnut bread
2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp baking soda
1 15oz can pumpkin
1/4 cup olive oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup water 
2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup walnuts 


Here are some of the ingredients. I forgot to take it before we made the bread so I could not include them all.. oops


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Mix together dry ingredients in one bowel and the wet in another
  • Take the walnuts and place in a plastic bag. Crush with a heavy object. 
  • Combine wet and dry and fold in walnuts.
  • Place mixture in a greased loaf pan. I normally use a 9 x 5 pan but here I used two 7 x 3 pans
  • Bake for 40-50 minutes or until brown on top and when stab with a toothpick or fork it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment