Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes with banana!

I have had a container of cottage cheese just sitting in my fridge for over a week now. I am sick of eating it plain. So, I looked up recipes online that contain cottage cheese and found some for cottage cheese pancakes (I had no idea such a thing existed before). Of course, I didn't have the ingredient combinations that most recipes used online so here is my modified version of cottage cheese pancakes. They came out pretty well. The only thing I must emphasize is that you MUST make these pancakes on the smaller size or else you will have them fall apart and burn on you... like mine did on the first try. oops.





Ingredients:
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 banana mashed
2 eggs
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon




  • Pretty easy. Mix all of the ingredients together.
  • I would mix the egg first by itself in a separate bowl and then add.
  • Measure out a little more than 1/4 cup batter and cook in pan with a bit of butter for about 3-5 minutes on each side. 
  • Eat, eat, eat. So delicious!
  • Makes about 7 little pancakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment