Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Buffalo rice and beans!

Man is it really annoying only cooking for one person. I have been eating the lasagna rolls (see recipe below) for three days and yes I like them but I want something new! I also didn't really feel like cooking much so I decided to just throw a bunch of stuff together in a pan and wah la! Dinner! I know this is such an easy meal and I feel kind of silly about posting it but I know that I would forget to make it again if I didn't have it documented! And it was super yummy so why not share? Who doesn't love buffalo hot sauce?

Also, I realize that this recipe does have chicken broth.... but I am going to say that this is a technicality and does not wreck my no meat week. I said no meat and did not said animal products. Yes I know a "real" vegetarian would not eat this. However, like I said previously, I am doing this for health reasons so I am going to say broth is ok. At least for me. If you wanted to make this a truly vegetarian dish you could just cook some brown or white rice and then add buffalo hot sauce to that!




Ingredients:
1 package Knorr's rice sides Buffalo chicken flavored
1 can of reduced sodium light red kidney beans
1 can corn
Buffalo hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste




  • Cook the Knorr's buffalo flavored rice according to the package directions
  • Drain and rinse the kidney beans
  • In a separate pot place the kidney beans and the undrained can of corn - bring to a boil and then drain the water from the pot
  • Mix together the cooked rice and the beans and corn. 
  • Add salt, peper and as much hot sauce as you want! I added maybe about 2 tablespoons. 
  • Wah la! enjoy. Tastes pretty good for such a simple meal
  • Other ideas I had were to add maybe some salsa and onions but alas I did not have any but give it a try if you like! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment